Monday, November 13, 2006

Mind Flash

It struck me tonight after I finished my last speaking engagement that I've been doing presentations in the same locations, sometimes up to the three presentations in the same classroom but to several different classes.

It hit me, like a dummy, that I should put some of the 11x17 posters I had made for the MBA program Open House up in those classrooms. Duh...

What better than to have my target market sitting there staring at an MBA Program poster when they got bored listening to lecture...not that the lecture is boring mind you...er...eh...um...sorry to all those in Professordom but sometimes those lectures are a little boring. Maybe a little music...

This little mind flash just goes to illustrate that you can't make marketing completely formulaic. If you do you'll miss out on significant opportunity to create value where none exists. And remember, if your not creating value it's being destroyed so toss out the formula and try to figure out how you can create your own value.

No comments: